Content Hotkeys

FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

Questions concerning application for enrolment as international student

International applicants for Bachelor-, primary teacher -or Master study have to apply via "uni-assist".
You can find more information here.

Applicants for PhD can apply directly at TUC. Please use the online application.

If you are a refugee, you have to apply via "uni-assist". Your application will be free of charge, if you have passed the TestAS test and if you have received your residence permit.

You have to fill in an application for guest student card. You will receive it at the student's office or online.
You will find further information here[DE].

The TUC only offers Bachelor study courses in German language. The following Master degree programs will be taught in English language:

  • Master Advanced Functional Materials
  • Master Automotive Software Engineering
  • Master Embedded Systems
  • Master Information and Communication Systems
  • Master Micro and Nano Systems
  • Master Print and Media Technology
  • Master Web Engineering

Please use the degree program finder of TU Chemnitz Use the filter to search courses in fully/partly English language.

The following applicants have to apply via "uni-assist":

  • Foreign applicants without German A-Level (applicants with foreign education background)
  • Foreign applicants with a foreign Bachelor or Master degree
  • Foreign applicants for the Integrated International MA/PhD degree program in Mathematics
  • Foreign applicants with completed entrance examination test (FSP) from a Studienkolleg in Germany without admission letter from TUC

The following certificates are accepted as proofs of sufficient German language skills:

  • DSH-2, DSH-3
  • TestDaf: level 4 at all 4 examinations parts (total of 16 points as overall result)
  • telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule
  • Goethe Institute – ZOP
  • Goethe Institute – KDS
  • Goethe Institute – GDS
  • DSD II
  • Goethe-Institute C1
  • ösd C1

For all english taught degree programs, you need to show a proof of one of the following English certificates:

  • IELTS 5.0
  • TOEFL internet based: min. 87 points
  • TOEFL paper based: min. 500 points
  • TOEFL computer based: min. 173 points
  • Cambridge: First Certificate in English
  • TOEIC 785-944 points
  • Confirmation of English as language of instruction
  • Study in English studies
  • Translator/ interpreter degree

Applicants from countries with English as official or native language are not required to submit a proof of English language proficiency.

Press Articles