Welcome to the Faculty of Humanities
Hosting six different institutes, the Faculty of Humanities is the biggest and most diverse faculty at TU Chemnitz. Traditional courses of study like English, German, Political Science and European History are combined with modern subjects such as Media Studies, Intercultural Communication and European Studies.The Faculty of Humanities offers:
- engaging fields of study,
- excellent conditions for students,
- personal support and assistance,
- lively and innovational research and publication activities,
- motivated exchange across disciplines,
- and extensive Ph.D. progammes.
Collaborative Research Centre "Hybrid Societies: Humans Interacting with Embodied Technologies" at the Faculty of Humanities
Image: Jacob Müller
An interdisciplinary team of 30 professors and senior researchers from Chemnitz University of Technology are investigating how efficient coordination takes place between people and embodied technologies in the Collaborative Research Centre "Hybrid Societies", which has been approved by the German Research Foundation (DFG).
Experts from the Institutes of English/American Studies, German Studies and Intercultural Communication as well as Media Research at the Faculty of Humanities are also conducting research on the topic of "Hybrid Societies - People Interacting with Embodied Technologies".
- Press release from 25 November 2019
- Project homepage "Hybrid Societies: Humans Interacting with Embodied Technologies"
Events in the next days
Monday, 06.02.2023 Voting at 16: Empirical Perspectives on the Debate on Lowering the Voting Age (Lecture)
- Philosophische Fakultät, Juniorprofessur Politikwissenschaftliche Forschungsmethoden
- Time: 18:00 to 20:30 Location: Reichenhainer Str. 90, Zentr. Hörsaal- und Seminargebäude N 113 Language: Deutsch
- Speaker: Juniorprofessor Arndt Leininger, PhD
- Info: karla.kebsch@...
- Voting at 16? Arndt Leininger has been researching the political participation of young people for several years and will present current research findings in the context of the current political debate.
- iCal file
Thursday, 30.06.2023 Spotlight on Language Teaching: Digital Feedback in Research and Practice (Congress/Conference)
- Philosophische Fakultät, Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) / Advanced Academic English
- Time: to 30.06. Location: Str. der Nationen 62, Altes Heizhaus Language: Englisch
- Speaker: Jun.-Prof. Dr. Jennifer Schluer
- Info: Jun.-Prof. Dr. Jennifer Schluer, tesol@...
- The conference will deal with digital feedback processes. This topic has gained both national and international interest, not the least due to the need for digital teaching during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- iCal file