Eduroam – Wifi at the Chemnitz University of Technology
For security reasons, the password for your user account must not be used for a wifi connection. There are device specific passwords for this purpose. You own an android device? Fine, the app „TUC WLAN“ cares for your secure connection. Otherwise, create your device-specific password in the IdM Portal.
How to set up the wifi configuration depends on your platform:
- Configuration on android devices
- Configuration on iOS/OS X devices
- Configuration on Windows devices
- Configuration on Linux devices
- Further information
For Android devices the kümmert app „TUC-WLAN” cares for a correct and secure configuration of the access:
- Download the app from Play Store. Users without a Google account can download the APK directly from our website.
- As log as the app recognizes errors within your device configuration, solve them please. You will get support for a lot of common errors.
- When all recognizes errors are solved, you can start the configuration.
- Choose a name for your device. This name will be entered for the device specific password, which is created by the app within the IdM Portal.
- Log in to the Web-Trust-Center with your user name and password. Subsequently, eduroam is configured automatically .
- The configuration was successful, all details of the configuration is shown on the status display.
iOS from version 7 / OS X from version 10.10
- Open the internet browser Safari (other browsers don't!) work.
- Create an app- and device password of the type „Wifi” in the IdM Portal. A download button for the configuration profile is shown as a result.
- Download this configuration profile from the IdM Portal to your device.
- Install the profile.
- Eduroam ist configured now.
- Connect to the internet. On TU Chemnitz Campus you can use the wifi “camo”.
- Create an app and device password of the type wifi in the IdM Portal. Mark the generated password and copy it to your clipboard (CTRL-C)
- Download the configuration assistant for your windows version and execute it.
- Enter your username firstname.lastname@example.org into the input box.
- Insert the generated password fron your clipboard into both password boxes (CTRL-V).
- Install the eduroam profile.
You'll find an illustrated detailed instruction in our blog.
Windows 7Download the Windows 7 configuration assistant.
Windows 8/8.1Download the Windows 8 configuration assistant.
Windows 10Download the Windows 10 configuration assistant.
For Linux, please download the configuration script. Subsequently, execute this script.
$ bash -c "$(wget 'https://cat.eduroam.de/user/API.php?action=downloadInstaller&lang=de&id=linux&profile=74' -O -)"
Download the configuration script and execute.
$ bash path/to/eduroam-linux-TUC.sh
- Installing and configuration of 802.1x
- More installation instructions and information in our blog
- the configuration assistant of the DFN
In case, the password relating to the URZ username has not been changed for a long time, the authentification using MS-CHAP processes fails. Please set a new passwort then. We also advise you on using app and device passwords.