The Professorship Micromanufacturing Technology news
- On 01.07.2014 a guest lecture by Prof. Etsion on the subject saving energy by laser surface structuring takes place.
Professorship Micromanufacturing Technology
Increasing demands on precision and process reliability at the production of parts are a current challenge in different branches of industry.
The Professorship Micromanufacturing Technology at the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering at the Technische Universität Chemnitz investigates process chains, technologies and tools for the production of precision and micro parts. Fields of application of these components are the automotive sector and its suppliers, the mechanical engineering industry, as well as the medical technology, the sensor technology, and the electronics industry.
The development of the micro and precision manufacturing technologies is done under following aspects:
- flexible, reliable and economic manufacturing technology from prototype to volume production
- energy- and resource-efficient design of processes and process chains
- enlargement of machinable material spectrum for micro and precision components
- functional design and evaluation of micro-structured surfaces
- tool development and production for machining, erosive and forming micro and precision manufacturing technologies.
The demand for integration, flexibility, and mobility affects everything.