Prof. Dr. Thomas SeyllerTechnische Universität Chemnitz
Institut für Physik – Technische Physik
Reichenhainer Straße 70
2006 Habilitation in Physics, University of Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany
1996 Ph.D. (Dr. rer. nat.) in Physical Chemistry, University of Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany
1993 Diploma in Physics (Dipl. Phys.), University of Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany
Since 01.10.2012 Professor (W3) for Technical Physics, Institute of Physics, TU Chemnitz
2009-2012 Temporary acting chair of Technical Physics, Department of Physics, FAU Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany
2006-2012 Assistant Professor at the Chair of Technical Physics, Department of Physics, FAU Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany
1999-2006 Scientific assistant at the Chair of Technical Physics, Department of Physics, FAU Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany
1997-1999 Postdoc, Department of Physics, Pennsylvania State University, USA
1994-1996 Member of research staff, Institute of Physical Chemistry, FAU Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany
2010 Walter-Schottky-Award for Solid State Physics of the German Physical Society
Since 4/2015 Senator of the TU Chemnitz, member of the Commission for Research and Advancement of Young Academics
Since 10/2014 Acting director, Instute of Physics, TU Chemnitz
Since 4/2013 Member of the faculty board, Faculty of Natural Sciences, TU Chemnitz
Since 4/2013 Dean of Studies, Physics Program (B. Sc. and M. Sc.) TU Chemnitz
2009-2012 Member of the Scientific Selection Panel of the Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie
2009 Chairman of the BESSY Users Committee
2008-2009 Member of the BESSY II Users Committee e
2007-2009 Representative of the scientific staff in the administration of the Institute for Condensed Matter Physics, Department of Physics, University of Erlangen-Nürnberg
Organisation von wissenschaftlichen Konferenzen
- Member of theProgram Committee International Conference on Diamond and Carbon Materials, Bad Homburg, September 2015.
- Member of the Scientific Advisory Committee of Graphene Week 2015, Manchester, UK, Juni 2015.
- Member of the Program Committee of the 15th International Conference on Silicon Carbide and Related Materials, Miyazaki, Japan, Sept./Oct. 2013
- Chairman of the Local Organization Committee of Graphene Week 2013, Chemnitz, June 2013.
- Member of the International Steering Committee of the International Symposium on Graphene Devices, Paris, France, November 2012.
- Member of the Program Committee of the International Conference on Diamond and Carbon Materials, Granada, Spain, Sept. 2012.
- Member of the Program Committee of Graphene Week 2012, Delft, Netherlands, June 2012.
- Member of the Advisory Board of Focused Session A-13: “Graphene - From Science to Technology”, CIMTEC 2012, Montecatini Terme, Italy, Juni 2012.
- Organizer of the 1st SPP “Graphene” Workshop, Burg Rothenfels am Main, Germany, December 2011.
- Member of the Program Committee of the 14th International Conference on Silicon Carbide and Related Materials, Cleveland OH, USA, Sept. 11.-16. 2011.
- Member of the Advisory Committee of the International Summer School on Quantum Phenomena in graphene, other low-dimensional materials, and optical lattices, Erice, Italy, July/August 2011.
- Member of the Program Committee of the 13th International Conference on the Formation of Semiconductor Interfaces (ICFSI-13), Praque, Czech Republic, July 3.-8. 2011.
- Member of the Scientific Advisory Committee of Graphene 2011, Bilbao, Spain, April 11.-14. 2011.
- Member of the Local Organization Committee of the 13th International Conference on Silicon Carbide and Related Materials, Nürnberg, Germany, October 11-16, 2009.
- Organizer DFG-Rundgespräch “Graphen”, Kloster Banz, Sept. 25.-26. 2008.
- Organizer Symposium “Graphene”, DPG Spring Meeting, Section Semiconductor Physics, Regensburg, March 26-30, 2007.
Mitglied in wissenschaftlichen Verbünden
Since 2010 Coordinator the DFG Priority Program 1459 “Graphene".
2006-2012 Member or the Excellence Cluster “Engineering of Advanced Materials” (EAM) at the University of Erlangen-Nürnberg.
2006-2012 Member of the Interdisciplinary Center for Interface Controlled Processes (ICP) at the University of Erlangen-Nürnberg.
- Reviewed Publications: 156
- Citations: ca. 11400 (excluding selfcitations, according to ISI Web OF Knowledge)
- H-Faktor: 47 (according to ISI Web OF Knowledge)
- 2017: Listed as Highly Cited Researcher (Clarivate Analytics)
- More than 120 presentations
- Invited talks at conferences/workshops/schools: ca. 40
- Invited talks in seminars and colloquia: ca. 40
- German and international funding agencies (e.g. DFG, NSF, FOM, UKF, DOE)
- Journals (e.g. Nature Materials, Phys. Rev. Lett., Phys. Rev. B., Appl. Phys. Lett., Surf. Sci., ...)