Wanted: Cultural Ambassador for Chemnitz
The city of Chemnitz is currently looking for cultural ambassadors for the program council and the preparations for the application as “European Capital of Culture 2025”
The city of Chemnitz is currently looking for five residents of all ages as cultural ambassadors for the program council and the preparation of the application as “European Capital of Culture 2025”. The council is responsible for the creative work on the application. The council develops ideas and proposals for the concept of the Capital of Culture. The development of the program is supported and supervised by international experts. The tasks of the cultural ambassadors in the program council is the content-related work on the application. The ideas will be discussed and vice versa ideas of the urban society proposed and integrated into the council.
The concept of Chemnitz’ application is supposed to be authentic, achieve a sustainable effect and fit to Chemnitz city profile. With the concept, Chemnitz will show the special features of the city as a part of Europe. Culture has a broad meaning not only including the artistic genres but also all societal areas such as sports, society, allotment gardens and economy.
Information for Applicants:
As cultural ambassador
- You love your city and are always up to date
- You are creative and produce new ideas for the development of the city
- You work voluntarily and receive an expense allowance according to the statute of Chemnitz’ allowance for voluntary worker
Period of time in the program council: April 2017 until probably December 2020
You are a resident of the city of Chemnitz, are not employed by the city of Chemnitz and are not a member of the city council.
- Please send an informal application including a letter of motivation, stating why you are interested in the project “Chemnitz – European Capital of Culture 2025” and your skills
- Please send you application to the Capital of Culture Office in the cultural sector of the city of Chemnitz, Moritzstraße 20, 09111 Chemnitz or via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions regarding the application as cultural ambassador will be answered by Simone Becht, phone +49 371 488 4126.