|Standard period of study:
- for the Bachelor program: 6 semesters
|Start of studies:
- for the Bachelor program: usually with the winter semester
- for the Bachelor program: general higher education entrance qualification (Abitur, A level, high-school diploma) or subject-linked eligibility of university admission or master craftman or an equivalently approved university admission.
- Be aware that courses are normally offered in German only.
There is no admission restriction for this degree program. Application is made
The respective study program is called "Wirtschaftsmathematik"
Applications can be sent in until shortly before the start of the semester, see also
From Bachelor to Master
After completing the bachelor program in business mathematics,
you can pursue your studies with a master within our combined Bachelor-/Master degree program by chosing business mathematics as field of study.
Bachelor program Business mathematics
This program contains classes from mathematics, business administration, and computer sciences. The classes in mathematics provide on the one hand a solid background in general mathematics, on the other hand the program emphazises on mathematics which are essential to successfully master problems from logistics, trade, or industry, like e.g. optimization, operations research, and mathematical modelling. Classes from business administration cover an extensive scope of subjects, like for example, production management, microeconomics, or supply management. The program offers the possibility to specialize according to ones personal preferences. Its main difference to the combined Bachelor/Master program in mathematics with the field of study business mathematics is that it offers a more leisure introduction into its mathematical parts. Its main features are
- it offers a new introductory class into scientific mathematical work,
- the basic mathematics classes analysis and linear algebra are spread over the first four semester,
- there are newly designed classes during the first two semesters about mathematical models in finance and business administration,
- during the first years an introduction into computer based mathematics is offered
- an internship offering a potential subject for the Bachelor thesis.
Bachelor study program Business Mathematics study schedule[de]
|1. bis 6. Sem.
||Basic modules Mathematics, computer sciences and business administration (123 LP)
|1. bis 6. Sem.
||Specialization modules Mathematics, computer sciences and business administration (20– 75 LP)
|3. bis 6. Sem.
||Supplements (0 – 19 LP)
||Bachelor thesis (12 LP)
Business mathematicians are esential to most innovative companies. Graduates find an outstanding professional opportunities especially
in field with a practical orientation, like in
- insurances and banks
- planning departments in the industry and civil service
- software companies and business consultancies
- internet companies and financial services provider
Business mathematicians can discharge various duties, ranging from the modeling and optimal design of economic and sociological processes,
the product development in financial and insurance business to market research and consulting. With certain requirements, an academic career
at universities or research centers is possible too..