Jump to main content
Career Service
Doubting your studies?

Doubts about your studies?

Doubts about the choice of your study program – What to do now?

Doubts or difficulties during your studies are normal and do not necessarily lead to a dropout. If you ask yourself whether to continue your study program, change the course or cancel your studies you will be supported by different services at TU Chemnitz to find alternative options.

Do you ...

... have doubts about your current course of studies?

There are two possible services, which may help you:

The Central Course Guidance Service provides you with consultations on organizational questions concerning your studies as well as the possibility of changing your study program.

... want to change your course of studies?

Do you have questions about the content of alternative courses or the registration and application process? In this case you can contact the Central Course Guidance Service.

... are looking for alternative educational or career paths?

The Career Service helps you to face new perspectives. The service provides consultation on your application documents as well as possible contacts of employers in the region or other contact points outside of the university. To book an individual appointment please use OPAL. If you cannot log into OPAL, please send an email to cs-beratung@tu-chemnitz.de.

... have questions about residence permit, work permit and the recognition of academic degrees?

Are you thinking about dropping out of your studies and taking up work in Germany? This has consequences for the residence permit of foreign students. The FACHINFORMATIONSZENTRUM ZUWANDERUNG | EXPERT INFORMATION CENTER IMMIGRATION provides information on questions concerning residence status and work permit as well as the recognition of academic degrees. Options for action are pointed out, necessary steps are defined, and suitable contact persons are arranged.

Antje Pfeifer
Kevin Bauer