Holding and Usage
All library users can consult the complete current collection of DIN-standards in full text. According to Paragraph 53 of the copyright law, the standards collection may not be used for commercial purposes.
Access to full texts (PDF) is possible via the database "Perinorm international" within the campus network.
The library offers access to the following standards:
- DIN standards
- DIN EN standards (European standards that are adopted as DIN standards)
- DIN EN ISO standards, DIN ISO standards (European standards that were developed by ISO, the International Organisation of standard development, and adopted as DIN standards)
- DIN ISO standards (German standards based on the international standard ISO)
- DIN ETS standards (Educational testing service standards that are adopted as DIN standards)
- DIN IEC standards (international electrotechnical comission standards that are adopted as DIN standards).
VDI-standards full texts (German Association of Engineers)
In addtion, all applicable VDI standards are available in electronic format. Access to full texts is possible via the database „Perinorm“.
PAS (Publicly Available Specification)
Access to full texts is also possible via the database „Perinorm“.
ASTM-standards full texts (Amercian Society for Testing and Materials)
IEEE-standards full texts (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers)
Access to some full texts is possible via the database "IEEExplore".
DVS-Merkblätter und guidelines full texts (German Welding Society)
Access to full texts (as of November 2008) is possible via database ""DVS-Merkblätter und -Richtlinien"".
DIN notes - print edition
A print journal on standardisation. Changes in standards will be announced in the supplement „DIN-Anzeiger für technische Regeln“.
Perinorm - electronical database
The database contains bibliographical descriptions of valid national and international standards, draft standards and data provided by the European and International Standards Institutes.
Further research options
We offer comprehensive advice in finding technical rules, guidelines, rules and leaflets. See our subject librarian on tuesdays and thursdays or ask at the information desk.
Additional printed guidelines:
- Taschenbücher der Stahl-Eisen-Prüfblätter, Stahl-Eisen-Betriebsblätter
- DMA-Einheitsblätter (corporate works standards) can be consulted in the Campus Library II
- Selection of archived TGL and RGW standards can be consulted in the Central Library,
- DIN standards, which were withdrawn in 1990 (as of 2003) can be consulted in the Central Library
- DIN-VDE standards, which were withdrawn in 1990 (as of 2014) can be consulted in the Campus Library II.