IEEE - Training
Carolin Ahnert carolin.ahnert@...
On Friday, October 25th 2019 at 9.15 am there will be a training for IEEE Xplore database in the rooms of the Campus Library I (Pegasus Center, 2nd floor, training room). The database offers access to over 4 million full texts from journals and congress reports of the IEEE. The subject areas included are:
- Electrical Engineering, Measurement and Control Engineering
- Energy, environmental protection, nuclear technology
- Computer science
- Mechanical engineering, materials science,
- Production engineering, mining and metallurgy, traffic engineering,
- precision engineering
- Technology in general
The training will be in English, but you can ask questions in German if you would like to. Catering will be provided.
Please register here. registration form (only German)
Insider tips about IEEE Xplore Digital Library (20-30 minutes)
- Solve problems with successful search strategies for accurate result lists
- you will find information about companies, institutions, new product technologies and patents with the search for affiliation of the author
- you will find the best articles sorted by "Most cited by papers" or
- discover what the full text in the HTML article on Xplore offers
- stay informed with IEEEXplore's personalization options: notifications and automatic searches
- learn about the news on IEEE Xplore: new IEEE conference reports, magazines and content from other publishers
- learn about algorithms on IEEE Xplore
Publishing with IEEE (approx. 60 minutes)
- Structure of a scientific article
- Where to publish? In a conference or in a magazine? What should I decide?
- Overview of editorial processes, what should be considered before submission and what does peer review mean?
- Possibilities for Open Access publications at IEEE
- Open discussion on individual problems in writing and submission
- Information on publicly available further information