Jump to main content
International Office
Stays not covered by a partnership agreement

Stays not covered by a partnership agreement

Stays at other institutions worldwide

If you wish to study abroad at an institution that is not one of our partners, this is of course also possible. You will need to undertake extensive research into your options. As with a visit covered by a partnership agreement, you will need to collect the following information yourself:


  • courses suitable for your field of study
  • teaching language for your desired courses
  • semester dates and application deadlines
  • required application documentation
  • required language skills and proof
  • level of tuition fees
  • any other application fees

Clarify with your professors to what extent it is possible for study credits you gain abroad to be recognised.


Then apply to your chosen institution in good time. Find out at an early stage about accommodation options in your host country and apply for a place in halls of residence within any deadlines specified.


If you have any questions, please contact the International Office of your chosen host institution.


Your host institution will issue you with a letter of admission that will enable you to apply for a visa if required.

Press Articles