PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS SECTION IS CURRENTLY UNDER REVISION! (For updated information please check German version)
With regard to the Bologna-reforms it is of highest interest for the university staff and especially for us to increase the quantity of mobility for students and postgraduates. The new mobility program PROMOS makes an important contribution to scholarships for short-term exchanges (at a maximum of six months) and affords strongly the mobility for German students and postgraduates. The program offers the ability to universities to set focal points on the exchange mobility and gives the chance to students and postgraduates to get access to adequate and very different kinds of means of facilitating. PROMOS makes it possible to arrange an exchange for those students and postgraduates whose aims don’t fit into the other exchange programmes. The scholarships will be allocated by the universities themselves after a quality-driven selection process.
- Study - and Research scholarships (1 to 6 months) Facilitated are on the one side short-term scholarships (i.e. for theses or postgraduates’ stays) and on the other side scholarships for study exchanges, at most for one semester
- Internships (6 weeks, maximum 6 months) in non - European countries
- Language courses (3 weeks, maximum 6 months) at universities worldwide
- Specialised courses (5 days, maximum 3 weeks) at universities or scientific organisations abroad
- Study trips
- Facilitated are study trips worldwide of German student groups abroad (7 until 12 days). The aims of this scholarship are the mediation of acknowledgement related to a specific field, especially by certain visits, sightseeing and informative academic conversations and the participation in academic courses, compact courses and workshops at partner universities. At the same time should the meeting of native students and scientists help to establish and maintain the contacts between German and foreign universities. Furthermore the aim is to provide an insight into regional, economical, political and cultural living.
Eligible for funding are all regular enroled students who dispose of the German citizenship resp. persons who are equated to German citizens according § 8 section 1 figure 2ff., section 2, 2a and 3 BAföG (see http://www.das-neue-bafoeg.de/de/224.php)
The application for a PROMOS-partial scholarship has to be submitted in written form to the International Office.
Concerning stays beginning between January - July 2013 the application deadline has already passed.
Concerning stays beginning between August - December 2013 the application deadline is 06.05.2013.
Application documents (please submit to the International Office in original - please not by email)
- application form duly filled
- personal data sheet incl. passport photograph
- valid certification of enrolment at Technische Universität Chemnitz
- motivation letter/ expose concerning the projected stay abroad
- certification of grades of the Central Examination Office
- acceptance letter of the host university/ internship provider (can be submitted later, if applicable)
- certified language certificate for the teaching/ national language (except stay for language course)
The scholarships will be awarded by the Scholarship Commission of the International Office according to criteria like qualification/ study performances, academic value of the projected stay abroad and existing necessary language proficiency.
Recognition of courses absolved abroad:
In the case that you would like that successfully absolved courses abroad are recognised, it is recommended to elaborate a Learning Agreement during the preparations of the stay abroad in coordination with the responsible of your course of studies and/or the examination board.
Please pay special attention to the requirement that - also in the sense of fairness towards competitors - the application for a scholarship should be as binding as possible! Please do noty apply 'just-in-case'.
The scholarships will be awarded by the Scholarship Commission of the International Office after examination of the application documents submitted.
At latest 1 month after the end of your stay please submit a Letter of Confirmation (certification of stay of the host institution), a certification of grades (Transcript of Records) resp. a certification of your internship or a certificate of your language resp. specialized course.
Oliver Sachs M.A.(Erasmus+ Outgoing, PROMOS-Programme)