Together with you we put the finishing touches on your application documents.
You want to apply and have already completed your application documents? But you want to be sure you haven’t missed anything important? Or you have created your documents based on certain recommendations or templates and would like to hear a second opinion on them? This clearly sounds like a case for an application document check!
Like HR managers in companies, we see application documents (almost) every day and have developed a trained eye for details. Thanks to our numerous and regular contacts with companies and institutions, we also know what matters and what recipients expect from your documents.
But be careful: If you have heard about application documents for the last time at school, please check our application brochure before making an appointment. Many questions about design possibilities and backgrounds are answered here.
Please note that the template is for guidance only and illustrates some display possibilities. We encourage you to use your own design – but be sure to follow it consistently (it’s a bit like quoting in a scholarly paper). If you have open questions (“Why do you do it like that?”) best check our application brochure.
- Bring it printed out to your appointment.
- Upload your documents into the TUCcloud using the link provided here. Please make sure that the individual file names include your name so that we can easily assign them to you.
- If you send your application documents to your advisor by e-mail in advance of the consultation, there is no content encryption – even if you use your university e-mail address. Do you use an external e-mail provider, there is an additional risk that your documents will be stored on a server outside of Germany or the EU. So be aware: Sending application documents by e-mail is not in compliance with data protection.
Career Service TU Chemnitz
Dittesstr. 15, building C2, 4th floor
Kick-start your career: A job application guideline
You are about to apply for an internship or a job and are currently creating your application documents? Then you might have already found a variety of templates and contradicting advice which left you a tiny bit confused.
Don’t worry about it. We will help you to create an application you can confidently send out into the world. With this brochure, we provide you with examples on how to shape your documents with just the right information and design. Additionally, you will find background knowledge to understand what recruiters in Germany are looking for and how to avoid common mistakes.
For all that you can access our PDF. Enjoy reading and best of luck with your applications.
If you can’t access the file within your browser, you can also download it here: to the application brochure (file size approximately 7,3 MB)
Short & sweet.
- Cover sheet (optional)
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Current performance overview
- Examination documents/diploma and an overview of your courses
- Certificate of employment/job reference (if existing)
- Certificates of relevant further training
- Check the responsible contact person and the best way to get to the company. Take your invitation and the telephone number with you.
- Plan your arrival the way that you arrive around 10 minutes before your appointment.
- Read up properly/closely on the company.
- Prepare a self-presentation (about 5 minutes).
- Prepare yourself for questions (e.g. motivation, strengths, weaknesses, …).
- Dress appropriately.
- Proof of health insurance
- Proof of ability to earn a living (e.g. account extracts)