InProTUC – Doing a doctorate at TU Chemnitz
Project duration: 06.11.2014 to 31.10.2017. Project extension until 30.06.2019
Chemnitz University of Technology (TU Chemnitz) aims to explicitly and sustainably support young academics and doctoral candidates. Within the internationalisation strategy, provisions are made to professionalise existing structures in this field and develop suitable support and funding measures for young academics. The project InProTUC (abbreviation for International Promovieren an der TU Chemnitz/Doing a doctorate at TU Chemnitz) took a major step towards this goal. It allowed TU Chemnitz to further internationalise the doctorate and to explore new strategies of internationalisation.
The funding instruments improved the general conditions for international doctoral candidates (incoming) at TU Chemnitz and allow a better international qualification and network for doctoral candidates of TU Chemnitz (outgoing). Under InProTUC, the following instruments were offered:
- Scholarships for doctoral candidates of TU Chemnitz (outgoing) for participating in international conferences and conducting a research visit abroad
- Scholarships for international graduates and doctoral candidates (incoming) to realise insight visits and research visits at TU Chemnitz
- Support of preparatory meetings in order to foster the internationalisation of TU Chemnitz
The scholarships consisted of a country-specific travel allowance and a subsistence allowance according to the regulations of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
The project InProTUC was successfully completed on 30 June 2019. InProTUC was promoted by the German Academic Exchange Service and funded by the Federal Ministry for Education and Research (BMBF). The project was located at the Centre for Young Scientists and realised in cooperation with the International Office of TU Chemnitz.
In 2018, the InProTUC project was included in the Kompass MINTernational as best practice at the request of the MINTernational initiative.
- DAAD will extend the funding period for the project “InProTUC” (01.08.2017)
- TU-Spektrum (01/2016, S. 23): Promovieren auf internationalem Parkett [DE]
- UniAktuell: Financial Support for research-related trips of PhD-students (28.07.2015)
- UniAktuell: Call for Applications: InProTUC supports the mobility of Young Scientists (03.12.2014)