InProTUC – Doing a doctorate at TU Chemnitz
Over the next few years, Technische Universität Chemnitz (TU Chemnitz) aims to explicitly and sustainably support young academics and doctoral candidates. Within the internationalisation strategy, provisions are made to professionalise existing structures in this field and develop suitable support and funding measures for young academics. The new project InProTUC (abbreviation for International Promovieren an der TU Chemnitz/Doing a doctorate at TU Chemnitz) is a major step towards this goal. It allows TU Chemnitz to further internationalise the doctorate and to explore new strategies of internationalisation.
The new funding instruments sustainably improve the general conditions for international doctoral candidates (incoming) at TU Chemnitz and allow a better international qualification and network for doctoral candidates of TU Chemnitz (outgoing). In order to achieve this goal, the following instruments are offered:
- Scholarships for doctoral candidates of TU Chemnitz (outgoing) for participating in international conferences and conducting a research visit abroad
- Scholarships for international graduates and doctoral candidates (incoming) to realise insight visits and research visits at TU Chemnitz
- Support of preparatory meetings in order to foster the internationalisation of TU Chemnitz
The scholarships consist of a country-specific travel allowance and a subsistence allowance according to the regulations of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). In addition to the above mentioned instruments, a mentoring programme will be launched. The programme will improve the integration of international doctoral candidates and foster the welcome culture at TU Chemnitz.
The project is promoted by the German Academic Exchange Service and funded by the Federal Ministry for Education and Research (BMBF). The project is located at the Centre for Young Scientists and realised in cooperation with the International Office of TU Chemnitz.
Project duration: 06/11/2014 - 31/10/2017. Project extension until 30/06/2019.
In 2018, the InProTUC project was included in the Kompass MINTernational as best practice at the request of the MINTernational initiative.
- DAAD will extend the funding period for the project “InProTUC” (01.08.2017)
- TU-Spektrum (01/2016, S. 23): Promovieren auf internationalem Parkett [DE]
- UniAktuell: Financial Support for research-related trips of PhD-students (28.07.2015)
- UniAktuell: Call for Applications: InProTUC supports the mobility of Young Scientists (03.12.2014)