Application for Diploma/Bachelor/Master degree / study for teaching degree (primary school)
The following applicants have to apply via Uni-assist e.V.1:
- Foreign applicants without German A-Level (applicants with foreign education background, but not for applicants as an exchange student/ Erasmus)
- Foreign applicants with a foreign Bachelor or Master degree (not for applicants as an exchange student/ Erasmus)
- Foreign applicants for the Integrated International MA/PhD degree program in Mathematics
- Foreign applicants with completed entrance examination test (FSP) from a Studienkolleg in Germany without admission letter from TUC
1Uni-assist e.V. (Arbeits- und Servicestelle für internationale Studienbewerbungen) supports the University of Technology of Chemnitz within the assessment of fulfillment of entrance requirements for admission to studies.
In the following cases, the application for admission has to be submitted via our online application
- Applicants of German nationality with foreign A-level or foreign university degree
- Applicants with completed entrance examination test (FSP) from a Studienkolleg in Germany with a admission letter from TU Chemnitz
- Applicants with a german university degree
- Applicants for the Master degree Production Systems
- Applicants who finished the preparatory german language course at TU Chemnitz with DSH 2
- Applicants for admission to studies as non-degree-seeking student, who come over to TU Chemnitz by an exchange program or outside such a program (exchange student/ Erasmus)
- Applicants for study course change
- Applicants for PhD-student
For application via uni-assist, the following documents have to be submitted:
- officially attested copy of secondary school leaving certificate including transcripts, with translation in German or English language
- officially attested proof of successfully completed university entrance examination (not for all countries, more information here)
- if available, officially attested copies of all other proofs of successfully completed university studies at the home country (duration of studies, acquired degrees), with translation in German or English language
- original of APS-certificate (only for applicants from China, Vietnam or Mongolia)
- if available, officially attested copy of sport ability test (only if you apply for the Bachelor degree in Präventions-, Rehabilitations- und Fitnesssport)
- officially attested copy of German language proof if your native language is not German
At the homepage of uni-assist you will find important additional country-specific requirements for several countries.
If all requirements and documents were checked, uni-assist will forward your documents to the university. In case that the formal requirements are not fulfilled, you will receive a respective message from uni-assist. Please note that uni-assist does not send back any application documents submitted.
To realize a prompt processing of your application documents, please apply until 30. May for winter term and until 20. November for summer term. If it is impossible for you to hand in your application until these dates, you have time to apply via uni-assist for winter term at latest until 15. July and for summer term at latest until 15. January.
All documents have to be submitted within the deadlines.
German taught degree programs
The following certificates are accepted as proofs of sufficient German language skills:
- DSH-2, DSH-3
- TestDaf: level 4 at all 4 examinations parts (total of 16 points as overall result)
- telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule
- Goethe Institute – ZOP
- Goethe Institute – KDS
- Goethe Institute – GDS
- DSD II
- Goethe-Institute C2
- German language examination of the Sprachen- und Dolmetscher-Institut München
- German language proof of Diplome du Baccalauréat
- US-Advanced Placement-test (AP-examination) in German language (KMK vom 10./11.09.1992)
- Leaving certificate oft he advanced level of secondary school from Belgium
- Secondary school leaving certificate of the Grand Duchy Luxemburg
- Maturity Diploma of schools with German as language of instruction in the Autonomous province of Bozen-South Tyrol (Italy)
- Leaving certificate of the international section for german language at Liceo Gimnasiale "Luigi Galvani" in Bologna
- Leaving certificate of German-Irish bilingual secondary school (Bilingual Leaving Certificate) at the Deutschen Schule Dublin, St. Kilian`s
- Leaving certificate of the bilingual departments at Liceo Ginnasio Statale "Romagnosi" in Parma and at Liceo Classico Statale Socrate in Bari
For applicants who may not submit any of the proof of above mentioned german language proofs, the University of Technology in Chemnitz offers a preparatory german language course. For this course you need to show one of the following german language proofs:
- B2 from Goethe-Institute
- ösd B2
- telc B2
- DSH 1
- TestDaF-level 3 at all 4 examination parts (12-15 points in total)
The application for admission to this preparatory German language course has to be indicated during the online application at uni-assist. Attendance certificates will not be accepted.
English taught degree programs
Applicants which apply for a degree program offered in english language, need to show a german language proof at minimum level A1 at the time of the application.
Until the end of their third study term at TUC, they have to submit a german language proof at level A2.
German language courses at level A2 will be offered by the TUC. Language certificates for german language proof at level A1 are only accepted by the Goethe-Institut or the ÖSD.
For the following degree programs, the applicants need to show a proof of at least A1 German language. Attendance certificates will not be accepted.
- Master English and American Studies
- Master Embedded Systems
- Master Information and Communication Systems
- Master Micro and Nano Systems
For the following degee programs, the applicants do not need to show a proof of german language skills at the time of the application:
- Master Advanced Functional Materials
- Master Automotive Software Engineering
- Master Web Engineering
- Master Advanced Manufacturing
For all english taught degree programs, you need to show a proof of one of the following English certificates:
- IELTS 5.5
- TOEFL internet based: min. 72 points
- Cambridge: First Certificate in English
- TOEIC min. 785 points
- Confirmation of English as language of instruction
- Study in English studies
- Translator/ interpreter degree
Applicants from countries with English as official or native language are not required to submit a proof of English language proficiency within their application.