Rheology is the science of deformation and flow of all materials. Additional to the simple Newtonian flow behaviour of gases and certain liquids, the complex flow behaviour of non-Newtonian liquids is a particular subject of research. n order to supplement these flow characteristics, flow phenomena of viscoelastic media play a special role.
- Definition of the parameters necessary for the characterization of fluids
- Basics of the flow behaviour of simple and complex fluids
- Fundamentals of further characteristics and phenomena of fluids by interaction with other fluids
- scientific and engineering-related measurement of relevant material data to describe fluid behaviour
The lecture will be held in every summer semester and is organized in:
- Lecture: 2 hours per week in the semester
- Practical Training: 2 hours per week in the semester
It is expected that students are familiar with fundamental Fluid Mechanics and different experimental measurement capabilities for characterization of a fluid.
Through the insight to special phenomena of the interphase actions of different fluid, at least one liquid, the participants will acquire skills to select appropriate measuring instruments and methods to analyze simple and complex fluids in scientific approach and apply it in engineering problems.
None, but a rudimentary knowledge of fluid mechanics is recommendable.
The course is considered passed if the participation in the oral final examination was successful. The admission requirement for the oral examination is the successful participation in the practical training.
According to the current situation, the courses (face-to-face events) will start in May at the earliest. Until then the scipts and chapters of the courses, which can be found in the menue item Courses, can be used for self-study.
|Type of Course||Day||Time||Place||Calendar Week|
|Lecture||Monday||11:30 - 13:00||2/W065 (C25.065)||weekly|
|Practical Training||Wednesday||17:15 - 18:45||2/W065 (C25.065)||weekly|