DFG-Collaborative Research Areas
- SFB 692 "High-strength al-based lightweight materials for safety components"
- TRR 39 "Production Technologies for light metal and fiber reinforced composite based components with integrated Piezoceramic Sensors and Actuators PT-PIESA"
- TRR 96 "Thermo-energetic design of machine tools" (German)
(Speaker: Prof. Großmann, TU Dresden; Partners: Prof. Herzog, Faculty of Mathematics, Prof. Neugebauer, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Prof. Werner, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology, Technische Universität Chemnitz, Fraunhofer-Institute for Machine Tools and Forming Technology Chemnitz)
- FOR 1154 "Towards Molecular Spintronics"
- FOR 1713 "Sensoric Micro- and Nanosystems"
- FOR 1497 "Organic-Inorganic Nanocomposites through Twin Polymerization"
- FOR 877 "From Local Constraints To Macroscopic Transport" (Speaker: Prof. Cichos, University of Leipzig, Partners: Prof. von Borczyskowski and Prof. Radons, Institute of Physics, Faculty of Natural Sciences, Technische Universität Chemnitz)
- FOR 1493 "Diamond Materials for Quantum Application" (Speaker: Prof. Wrachtrup, University of Stuttgart; Partners: Prof. Bratschitsch, Institute of Physics, Faculty of Natural Sciences, Technische Universität Chemnitz)
- KOR 247 "Deep brain stimulation. Mechanisms of action, Cortex-Basal Ganglia-Physiology and Therapy Optimization." (Speaker: Prof. Endres, Charité - University Medicine Berlin; Partner: Prof. Hamker, Faculty of Computer Science, Technische Universität Chemnitz)
DFG-Graduate Training Groups and Research Training Groups
- GRK 1215 "Materials and Concepts for Advanced Interconnects and Nanosystems"
(jointly with Chinese partners from Fudan and Shanghai Jiao Tong University)
- GRK 1780 "Connecting Virtual and Real Social Worlds"
- Interrelations between the two German States and Societies in the period of their Separation (1949-1990) (Konrad-Adenauer-Foundation, German)
- Politics and Development of Political Parties in Europe (Hanns-Seidel-Foundation, German)
- Media Policies in the International Context (Hanns-Seidel-Foundation, German)