Jump to main content

Change of courses of studies

Study course change

For application of study course change please use the SBservice (quicklink "Study offers").


  • restricted courses until 15.01 (summerterm) and 15.07 (winterterm)
  • non-restricted courses, please visit our homepage

The transfer of credits for academic achievements and the grading into the respective term will be done by the responsible examination board. If there are no credits which can be transferred, the enrollment will be effected into the first term.

For Bachelor study course changes, each student has to request the transfer of credits and the grading into the respective term at the relevant examination board (professor) by his own. This signed credit transfer form then has to be submitted together with the application for enrollment (from our online application) at the Student’s office. For restricted courses the deadline of credit transfer will be 15.08 (winterterm) and 15.02 (summerterm).

For Master courses you can upload the application of credit transfer online during your application. The Student’s office will arrange the credit transfer and the grading into the respective term from the professor.

You will be automatically transferred into your new study course after handing in your application for enrollment (online application) and after paying the semester fee. As a proof, you can print out your enrollment certificate via the SB-Service.

Additionally foreign students will receive and admission letter (study course change) for the foreigners department by post.

Study course changes may, under some circumstances, cause the loss for BAföG-support. For this reason it is highly recommended to inform the BAföG-agency before.

Press Articles