Welcome to the department Textile Technologies
The department Textile Technologies was re-established in May 2014. We devote ourselves to textile issues ranging from classic apparel textiles to high performance textiles for example made of carbon or metallic materials. Our focus is process development for new applications, constructions and modifications of textile machinery as well as product development. Our main responsibility is the development of technical textiles aiming at fibre composites for textile reinforced concrete and metallic compounds.
Located in Saxony’s Manchester we maintain a unique network. Inter alia our partners are:
- Endowed Chair for Technical Textiles / Textile Machine Elements
- Endowed Chair for Textile Plastic Composites and Hybrid Compounds
- Cetex Institute for Textile – and Processing Machines gemeinnützige GmbH
- Saxony Textile Research Institute e.V. (STFI)
- Textile Research Institute Thuringia-Vogtland e.V. (TITV)
- University of Applied Science Zwickau – Reichenbach (WHZ)
Master's program Textile Structures and Technologies
Please refer to the current semester schedule for the application deadline for the Master´s Degree in Textile Structures an Technologie. Do not hesitate to contact us in time if you have any questions regarding the study program.
Here we have an overview of all our courses.
Prof. Cebulla in the TUCscicast
The TUCscicast with Prof. Cebulla offers a good insight into the topics of the professorship. We recommend it to anyone who wants to understand why jeans don't last as long as they used to and why textiles do so well in concrete.
We have moved
Since 12/2019 the offices of the Chair of Textile Technologies are located in Reichenhainer Str. 70 in the D-Bau, 2nd floor.