Jump to main content
Student Service and Course Guidance Service
Change of courses of studies

Change of degree programme

For application of study course change please use the SBservice (quicklink "Application for courses of study").


  • restricted courses until 15.01 (summerterm) and 15.07 (winterterm)
  • non-restricted courses, please visit our homepage

For the admission-restricted degree programmes Bachelor Psychology, Bachelor Media Communication and Educational Studies for Elementary School, Chemnitz University of Technology participates in the dialogue-oriented service procedure (DoSV) (hochschulstart.de) for places of studies for winter semester. Here it is necessary that you first register at hochschulstart.de and then apply in our application portal.

The transfer of credits for academic achievements and the grading into the respective term will be done by the responsible examination board. If there are no credits which can be transferred, the enrolment will be effected into the first term.

For Bachelor study course changes, each student has to request the transfer of credits and the grading into the respective term at the relevant examination board (professor) by his own. This signed credit transfer form then has to be submitted together with the application for enrolment (from our online application) at the Student Service. For restricted courses the deadline of credit transfer will be 20.07. (winterterm) and 20.01. (summerterm).

For Master courses you can upload the application of credit transfer online during your application. The Student Service will arrange the credit transfer and the grading into the respective term from the professor.

You will be automatically transferred into your new study course after reregistration in your current course of study after handing in your application for enrolment (online application) and after paying the semester fee. As a proof, you can print out your enrolment certificate via the online SBservice.

Additionally foreign students will receive an admission letter (study course change) for the Visa department by Email.

Study course changes may, under some circumstances, cause the loss for BAföG-support. For this reason it is highly recommended to inform the BAföG-agency before.