The research interests at the Chair for International Politics are in the field of Foreign Policy Analysis (FPA). Special emphasis is put on the critical application and further development of theoretical and methodological approaches in FPA. This relates, in particular, to the interplay of domestic and international sources and constraints of foreign policy. Empirically, a research focus is on German and British foreign and security policy.
- Two-level analyses of foreign and security policy
- Failures and mistakes in international politics
- The foreign policy of coalition governments
- Brexit and its consequences for Britain’s role in the world
- German foreign, European and security policy
- Security and Conflict Studies
- Energy Security