Welcome to the Chair of Conveying Engineering and Materials Handling
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Markus Golder was appointed professor at the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering on 01.07.2018 and has taken over the Professorship of Conveying Engineering and Materials Handling. Previously, he held the endowment professorship for Safe Mechatronic Systems in Intralogistics at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT).
The professorship currently comprises 5 research and working groups:
|Research and working groups of the professorship|
|Plastic components and tribology|
|Application technology of renewable materials|
|Assemblies and conveyor systems|
|Vibration conveyor technology and system dynamics|
The following main topics will be dealt with:
Main areas of work
- Development, manufacture and dimensioning of textile traction and load-bearing equipment
- Development of basic elements of technical logistics, in particular including modified polymers
- Continuous conveyors for transport and storage technology in manufacturing and processing processes
- Fundamentals of friction and wear of sliding pairs in traction guide systems
- Development of continuous conveyors
- Computer-aided dimensioning of continuous conveyors
The professorship is member of various scientific committees and institutions and has worked successfully on major research projects.
For further information please communicate with us or write to our contact address..