Prof. Dr. Alexandra Bendixen
Prof. Dr. rer. nat. habil., Psychologist
Professor of "Structure and function of cognitive systems"
Phone: +49 371 531-31681
Fax: +49 371 531-831681
Room: Campus Reichenhainer Straße, Physikbau, C60.137
Academic service at TU Chemnitz
- Chair of the Steering Committee of the Center for Sensing and Cognition (CeSeCo)
- Chair of the Ethics Review Board of the Faculty of Behavioural and Social Sciences
- Program Director for the Bachelor and Master degree curricula in "Sensors and Cognitive Psychology"
- Vice-Chair of the Examination Board for the Study Programs "Sensors and Cognitive Psychology" (B.Sc. and M.Sc.)
- Member of the Academic Committee for the Bachelor and Master degree curricula in "Psychology"
- Member of the Academic Committee for the Master degree curriculum in "Human Factors"
- Representative of the Faculty of Natural Sciences in the areas "Press and public relations", "Study program advertisement" and "Key skills"
Education and career path
- since 04/2015: Professor (W3) of "Structure and function of cognitive systems", Chemnitz University of Technology
- 2013-2015: Assistant Professor ("Juniorprofessorin", W1) of "Psychophysiology of Hearing", Oldenburg University
- 2010-2013: Researcher and Lecturer ("Akademische Rätin") at the Institute of Psychology, Leipzig University, Group "Cognitive including Biological Psychology" - Habilitation "A new look at the old-plus-new heuristic: Sound predictability facilitates auditory scene analysis"
- 2008-2009: Postdoctoral Researcher at the Institute of Psychology of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences in Budapest, Hungary, with an individual DFG fellowship
- 2005-2008: Scholar in the DFG graduate program "Function of attention in cognition" (DFG 1182), Leipzig - PhD thesis "Detecting regular relations in the environment: On the extraction and application of rules in dynamic tone sequences"
- 1999-2005: Studies of psychology at Leipzig University and Université Pierre Mendès France (Grenoble, France) - Diploma thesis "Temporal processing in the auditory system – From duration of perception to perception of duration?"
- Psychophysiology: Associate Editor (2015-2016)
- Clinical Neurophysiology: Member of the Editorial Board (2014-2016)
- Psychological Research: Guest Editor of a special issue on "Auditory Attention" (with Iring Koch, RWTH Aachen), 2014
for research funding bodies
- Danish Council for Independent Research
- Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (German Research Foundation, DFG)
- Exploratory Research Space, RWTH Aachen
- Medical Research Council (MRC), GB
- National Science Foundation (NSF), USA
- Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NWO)
- Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF)
for 55 peer-refereed journals:
Acta Acustica; Advances in Cognitive Psychology; Archives of Acoustics; Attention, Perception, & Psychophysics; Biological Psychiatry; Biological Psychology; BMC Neuroscience; Brain; Brain and Cognition; Brain and Language; Brain Research; Brain Sciences; Brain Topography; British Journal of Psychology; Cerebral Cortex; Clinical Neurophysiology; Cognitive, Affective, and Behavioral Neuroscience; Cognitive Psychology; Cortex; Current Biology; Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience; Developmental Science; Emotion; European Journal of Neuroscience; Experimental Brain Research; Experimental Psychology; Frontiers in Cognitive Science; Frontiers in Human Neuroscience; Frontiers in Psychology; Hearing Research; International Journal of Audiology; International Journal of Immunopathology and Pharmacology; International Journal of Psychophysiology; Journal of the Acoustical Society of America; Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience; Journal of Experimental Psychology: Human Perception and Performance; Journal of Neurolinguistics; Journal of Neurophysiology; Journal of Neuroscience; Journal of Physiology - Paris; Journal of Psychophysiology; Neurobiology of Aging; Neuroimage; Neuropsychologia; Neuroscience Letters; Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London, Series B - Biological Sciences; PLoS Computational Biology; PLoS One; Psychological Bulletin; Psychological Research; Psychonomic Bulletin & Review; Psychophysiology; Quarterly Journal of Experimental Psychology; Schizophrenia Research; Scientific Reports