Böttcher, Albrecht ; Spitkovsky, Ilya M. : Drazin inversion in the von Neumann algebra generated by two orthogonal projections
Spitkovsky, Ilya M.
- Drazin inversion in the von Neumann algebra generated by two orthogonal projections
- Electronic source:
- Preprint series:
- Technische UniversitÃ¤t Chemnitz, FakultÃ¤t fÃ¼r Mathematik (Germany). Preprint 2, 2009
- Mathematics Subject Classification:
47L15 [ Operator algebras with symbol structure ] 15A09 [ Matrix inversion, generalized inverses ] 46L10 [ General theory of von Neumann algebras ] 47C15 [ Operators in $C^*$- or von Neumann algebras ]
- Criteria for Drazin and Moore-Penrose invertibility of operators in the von Neumann algebra generated by two orthogonal projections are established and explicit representations for the corresponding inverses are given. The results are illustrated by several examples that have recently been considered in the literature.
- Drazin inverse, Moore-Penrose inverse, orthogonal projection, von Neumann algebra
- Publication time:
- 1 / 2009