Göring, Frank ; Katona, Gyula Y. : Local topological toughness and local factors
Katona, Gyula Y.
- Local topological toughness and local factors
- Electronic source:
- Preprint series:
- Technische UniversitÃ¤t Chemnitz, FakultÃ¤t fÃ¼r Mathematik (Germany). Preprint 24, 2006
- Mathematics Subject Classification:
05C38 [ Paths and cycles ]
- We localize and strengthen Katona's idea of an edge-toughness to a local topological toughness. We disprove a conjecture of Katona concerning the connection between edge-toughness and factors. For the topological toughness we prove a theorem similar to Katona's 2k-factor-conjecture, which turned out to be false for his edge-toughness. We prove, that besides this the topological toughness has nearly all known nice properties of Katona's edge-toughness and therefore is worth to be considered.
- graph, toughness, factor, H-path, hamiltonicity
- Publication time:
- 10 / 2007