|Vorlesung:||Aufzeichnung,||OPAL||(Dr. J. Vitay)|
|Übung (für Konsultationen):||Donnerstag,||11:30 - 13:00, OPAL||(Dr. M. Teichmann)|
|Übung:||Aufzeichnung,||OPAL||(Dr. M. Teichmann)|
This course replaces Machine Learning (573050).
Suggested prerequisites: Mathematics I to IV, basic knowledge in Python.
Exam: written examination (90 minutes), 5 ECTS.
Contact: julien dot vitay at informatik dot tu-chemnitz dot de.
Language: English. The exam can of course be done in German.
The course will introduce a variety of methods using neural networks to learn to solve useful problems. The first part of the course covers the deep learning area, starting from an introduction to machine learning and old-school neural networks up to current research trends. The second part will introduce other forms of neural network structures (attractor networks, reservoir computing, unsupervised Hebbian learning and spiking networks) which may be used to build complex cognitive architectures.
The different algorithms presented during the lectures will be studied in more details during the exercises, through implementations in Python (tensorflow, keras).
The plan of the course is:
- Deep learning
- Linear algorithms (regression, classification)
- Neural Networks (MLP, regularization)
- Deep Learning (CNN, autoencoders, GAN)
- Recurrent neural networks (LSTM, attention)
- Attractor networks (Hopfield, neural fields)
- Reservoir computing
- Unsupervised Hebbian learning
- Deep spiking networks
- Deep Learning, Ian Goodfellow, Yoshua Bengio & Aaron Courville, MIT press.
- Neural networks and learning machines, Simon Haykin, Pearson International Edition.
- I do not have Neurocomputing in my study program, can I take it anyway?
If you have Machine Learning (573050) in your program, you can replace it with Neurocomputing.
- I need to take Machine Learning!
You can only attend the Neurocomputing exam. The grade will be transferred to the Machine Learning course automatically.
- How do I register for the course?
You can register on OPAL: https://bildungsportal.sachsen.de/opal/auth/RepositoryEntry/21637267460.
- Do I have to memorize all these equations?
No, but to understand them, which is basically the same.