By means of their Master Thesis students prove at the end of their studies that they are able to do independent work that is scientifically sound and focused on their respective occupational field. They need to apply a combination of gained knowledge and the technical ability to think scientifically to work on their given topic. If necessary, the thesis is part of development and research projects. Don’t forget the final thesis is a scientific paper!
Announced Master Thesis
Master Thesis in Progress
Finalized Master Thesis
- Guidelines (updated: 05/2017) - please read before start!
- Advisory Agreement (updated: 07/2019)
- Confirmation of Attendance (updated: 07/2019)
- Information Sheet
- Requirements on the task description
- BLok - documentation of progress
RegistrationA master thesis supervised at professorship of Computer Engineering needs a registration via OPAL. A registration is always necessary this means for university external and internal theses. The process is described within the OPAL course: Registration OPAL
- The task – a description according to requirements (link to the requirements)
- The supervisor (inclusive contact data)
- The planned editing time
- Current transcript of Credit Points and a list with open exams
- External -> see the requirements (link to the requirements)
- Internal -> only announced topics from our website are possible!
- External: You will get a contact person for all issues during your thesis with official acceptance.
- Internal: Your advisor is the person who is responsible for the topic find in the announcement.
Project PlanProject plans should be documented as Gantt charts: Gantt template (.xls)
PosterPoster and Print Generator
Poster template with personal picture
Poster template without picture
PresentationPresentation template with logo
Presentation template template without Logo
Written ReportTemplate (Word)
Standard Reference Style
Duration of master thesis
Below are the reference links for different databases, divided in to several groups based on the criteria for the help of the students doing their Master Thesis and Internship.
Each and Every dataset that is needed and used by the students from here needs to be cited and referred. Please read through the rules and regulations of using these datasets (Individually from Respective links) before using them
- German Traffic Signs (more than 50,000 images) Ruhr-UniversitÃ€t Bochum (Neuroinformatik)
- Traffic Signs Dataset LinkÃ¶pins University, Sweden (20,000 images 20% labeled)
- Belgium Traffic Sign Dataset ETH Zurich
- Chinese Traffic Sign Database Beijing Jiaotong University (more than 10,000 images)
- LISA Traffic Sign Dataset University of San Diego, CA (US signs, frames and videos)