Procedure for application for admission to studies for registered refugees
Applicants for admission to studies at Technische Universität Chemnitz first have to apply to uni-assist. With support of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), uni-assist has established a complimentary application procedure for registered refugees. You can make use of this procedure in the case you:
- are able to prove your status of residence as ″registered refugee“
- have successfully completed a TestAS-assessment.
TestAS is a central, standardized ability assessment for studies. Please note that Technische Universität Chemnitz does not issue TestAS-certificates. You may take TestAS-examinations at the following assessment centers ablegen.
In which cases I am a registered refugee?
- Persons holding a certification of registration as asylum seeker (BÜMA)/ certification of arrival (Notification of the seeking for asylum before application according to § 63a Act on Asylum - AsylG)
- Applicants for asylum (ongoing proceeding – temporary residence permit according to § 55 Act on Asylum Procedure - AsylVfG)
- Tolerated persons (temporary exemption from expulsion – toleration according to § 60a Act on Residence - AufenthG)
- Persons entitled for asylum according to Art. 16a Constitutional law - GG/GFK (residence according to § 25 section 1 Act on Residence - AufenthG)
- Recognized refugees according to § 3 Act on Asylum Procedure - AsylVfG (residence according to § 25 section 2 sentences 1/1 Act on Residence - AufenthG).
- Persons entitled for subsidiary protection according to § 4 Act on Asylum Procedure - AsylVFG (residence according to § 25 section 2 sentences 1/2 Act on Residence - AufenthG)
- Persons entitled for protection from expulsion according to § 60 sections 5 and 7 Act on Residence - AufenthG (residence according to § 25 section 3 Act on Residence - AufenthG)
How do I apply to uni-assist?
See the page of uni-assist for all information about the application-process.
Notification of admission to studies
When the formal requirements for admission to studies are fulfilled, uni-assist submits the application documents to Technische Universität Chemnitz. As soon as the processing procedure at TU Chemnitz starts, you will be informed by email about the further ongoing of your application process. In case that the formal requirements are not fulfilled, your will receive a respective message from uni-assist. Please note that uni-assist does not send back any application documents submitted.