Registering for Courses and Placement Tests via OPAL
Course participants must register for all language courses, examinations and placement tests via OPAL, using their login of the Technische Universität Chemnitz . Course participants and instructors may also optionally communicate via OPAL.
If you have encountered a technical problem with OPAL, please contact
Click here for an overview of the entire course programme of the Language Centre.
1. Dates for Registering for English Language Courses in Winter Semester 2018/19
Registrations for all courses offered by the Language Centre take place at:
Registration times are as follows:
- From 01 Oct. 2018, 7:00 am (Business English - Englisch für WiWi)
- From 01 Oct. 2018, 9:00 am (Romance Languages)
- From 01 Oct. 2018, 11:00 am (Slavonic Languages)
- From 01 Oct. 2018, 1:00 pm (English for all Faculties - Englisch für alle Fakultäten)
- From 01 Oct. 2018, 3:00 pm (Others – German as a Foreign Language - DaF, Chinese, Latin, etc.)
2. Information on Registration and Dates for Placement Tests in all languages
Click here for a detailed overview of the placement tests.
2.1. Placement Test English in programme English for all Faculties (Efaf)
Any students who wish to take part in an ADVANCED English language course (level C1) have to take a Placement Test. Please sign up for the placement test taking place on Tuesday, 09 Oct. 2018 in Reichenhainer Str. 70. You can find further information here.
Click here for an excerpt from a placement test.
2.2. Placement Tests in Other Languages
Click here for information on the placement tests in all other languages.
3. Dates for Registering for English Language Courses in Winter Semester 2018/19
Any students who wish to take part in an English language course in the programme English for all Faculties (EfaF) can enrol in one of the courses "Kurs 1" (level B2) as of 01 October 2018 since they are qualified by having taken the Abitur. A placement test is not required. For C1 level courses (starting with "Kurs 3" ) see 2.1. Please mind the General Regulations for Registering for Language Courses.