Bridging Course Academic Writing for incoming first-year students
So you’re not quite sure whether you still know the fundamentals of academic writing and want to refresh your memory? Our bridging course will help you. Join other students to brush up on your skills and ask questions about your course. This course focuses on the main principles of scientific writing. Therefore we will deal with aspects such as the structure of a scientific work, literature research and review, quotation, bibliography and Do`s or Don`ts of scientific writing. Within the course we will discuss different examples illustrating these facets of written productions.
According to information from the Saxon Accident Insurance Fund, only students who are already registered are insured for personal accidents during participation in the preparatory courses. For prospective students (not yet registered) pursuing a bachelor or master degree, a personal accident policy cannot be provided through the Saxon Accident Insurance Fund. The TU Chemnitz does not take responsibility for damage to property or persons.
Course Dates and Application
|26th-28th September 2018||09.00 - 13.00 o'clock||2/W034||click here|
- Time management of a seminar work
- Structuring a scientific paper
- Researching and filtering relevant literature
- Quoting other sources and creating a Bibliography
- Do`s or Don`ts of scientific writing
- Examples and exercises illustrating these facets of written productions
- Time for questions concerning your fresh start at TU Chemnitz