International Summer School on "Graphs and Spectra" at the TU Chemnitz, 18--23 July 2011
This is a first announcement for the Summer school on ``Graphs and spectra''
Daniel Lenz (Jena), Peter Stollmann (Chemnitz) and Ivan Veselic (Chemnitz)
to be held at the TU Chemnitz in the week 18--23 July 2011.
The summer school is devoted to various aspects of discrete and quantum graphs and their spectral theory. Scheduled speakers include
- Gregory Berkolaiko (College Station)
- Pavel Kurasov (Stockholm)
- Annemarie Luger (Lund)
- Holger Schanz(Magdeburg)
- Uzy Smilansky (Rehovot/Cardiff)
- Pavel Streda (Prague)
- Jürgen Voigt (Dresden)
The event is intended for PhD students, advanced Diploma/Master students, and anyone who is interested in a introduction in the above mentioned field of mathematics.The summer school will feature
- four mini-courses devoted to specific aspects of operators on discrete and quantum graphs and the associated direct and inverse spectral problem
- a session on more applied aspects of the undelying physical models
- a graduate student symposion with the opportunity for participating students to present their own research (organised by Matthias Keller (Jena) and Martin Tautenhahn (Chemnitz))
There will be no conference registration fee.
The summer school continues a series of similar, smaller events which have been organised at the TU Chmnitz in past years.
We would be grateful if you could pass on this information to anyone who might be interested.