Institute for Print and Media Technology
of Chemnitz University of Technology [pmTUC]
TU ChemnitzDepartment of Mechanical EngineeringpmTUCProfessorshipHistory of the Institute - The first 20 years English Deutsch   
Professorship
Research
For Students
spacer

Institute history - The first 20 years

Linie

18.06.1956

Dipl.-Ing. Heinz Adler, who would later become the director of the Institute for Graphic Arts and Paper Converting Machines, took up office. The institute premises have been situated in the university building Straße der Nationen 62.

11.09.1956

First lecture broaching the study field "Design of Graphic Arts and Paper Converting Machines".

06.02.1957

Adler was appointed institute director and head of department.

20.02.1959

Günter Neumann handed in the first Diplom thesis.

01.06.1959

Prof. Adler was appointed professor with teaching appointment.

17.11.1961

Topping-out ceremony of the try-out facilities.

29.06.1962

Topping-out ceremony of the institute building at Reichenhainer Straße.

28.02.1963

Handing over of the graphic arts try-out facilities (hall G).

22.08.1963

The University of Mechanical Engineering received the status of a technical university.

März 1964

The institute employees moved to the new D-building at Reichenhainer Straße.

06.02.1965

Wolfgang Beier was the 100th Diplom degree candidate.

01.09.1967

Dr.-Ing. Rudolf Ruder was appointed university lecturer for teaching "Design of Paper Converting Machines".

31.10.1968

Dissolution of the institutes at the Technical University Karl-Marx-Stadt. The Institute for Graphic Arts and Paper Converting Machines continued its work as chair (later as "Wissenschaftsbereich") "Graphic Arts Technology".

01.09.1970

Dr.-Ing. Ruder was appointed professor for "Design of Graphic Arts and Paper Converting Machines".

09.-10.05.1974

First symposium "Rationalisation of the Graphic Arts Industry" (RAPO).

30.08.1974

Prof. Adler became emeritus.

17.06.1976

Scientific conference - 20 years Graphic Arts.

Linie

1 / 4 >