Objectives and Fields of Application
The main objective
An integrated view of scientific questions from factory planning, production planning and control, logistics, factory organization and energy efficiency is considered as the primary goal of the work in the experimental and Digital Factory (EDF). The coupling of real scenarios of production (in conjunction with logistics, information flow, etc.) with a digital / virtual planning and a real-time control environment in this case forms the core point.
- Provision of laboratory equipment for research, teaching and industry participation
- Visionary approach to current research trends
- Complete realization of a model factory (real factory) with associated control intelligence and planning tools (virtual factory) at different levels
- Extensive support the investigation of versatility, energy efficiency, etc.
- Extensive support the investigation of concepts in the areas of:
- Factory Planning and Digital Factory
- Logistics / energy efficiency
- Factory Operation, control and organization