CORONA: Virtualization of teaching
University of Technology has set up a crisis management team to define and initiate all necessary measures. One of the measures - in coordination with the State Rectors' Conference and the responsible ministry - is to postpone the start of classroom teaching until May 4 at the earliest. Nevertheless, the semester will begin as usual at the beginning of April and it is the declared aim to offer teaching formats as early as possible where the presence of teachers and students is not necessary. Rectorate, administration, crisis management team and the e-learning team of the University Computer Centre, TU4U, digital higher education and LiT+ are working on improving the general conditions for colleagues.
Here you can find a list of the most important links and contact information:
- FAQ for students with the most important information on questions concerning the semester organisation
- FAQ für instructors with the most important information and short instructions on questions concerning the digitisation of teaching
- List of courses that will be digitised and will start in April
- Online form for recording further digital courses
- Notes on opening up the possibility of conducting oral examinations and defences via videoconference where appropriate
- List of courses of study with the decisions of the examination board chairmen on the opening of examinations for video conference
- Platform or teachers for mutual exchange
- Overview of of earning tools on the TUC website
- Webinars for lecturers for a quick switch to online offers
- E-learning hotline for technical and didactic questions (0371 / 531 13444, Mon - Fri. 8 a.m. till noon and Tues & Thurs. 6 p.m. till 8 p.m.)
- Central contact e-mail email@example.com regarding didactic, conceptual or technical questions and for support in the use of OPAL
We would like to thank everyone who is working on offering teaching online and everyone who is working on improving the infrastructure and support for this. Your commitment is especially important and valuable right now!
We wish all students a successful start into the new semester despite the current circumstances!