To see current lectures for this semester, please click on “lectures”.
Office hours during term: every Thursday from 1.30 p.m. to 3 p.m. with prior notification by email. Please see “contact” for email-addresses.
Topics for B.A. and M.A. theses:
For possible dissertation topics please see the research areas of the professorship. Below is a list of possible topics and research questions (these are only proposals, we appreciate your own ideas and reflections!):
- How staff takes part in decision making. Participation of employees in start-up-firms
- New patterns of precariousness: temporary employment and service contracts
- Transnational labour markets and the change of staff deployment strategies in companies
- Industry 4.0 – the impact on labour and organization / change of qualification models?
- What impact has the rise of the “sharing economy” on the labour system, the professions or the working conditions of employees?
- The case VW – illegal practices as coordination problems in international corporations
- Tariff disputes and strikes in Germany – is the German harmonic model of work relationship eroding?
- Organization and culture – transnational companies and the challenge of cultural adaptation
- “Everyday life” and new forms of employment
- „Professional identity of freelance midwifes in out-of-hospital and clinical midwifery care – a qualitative research about midwifes with special emphasis on the increasing insurance premium of professional liability insurance” (Working title of thesis) by Claudia Graf-Pfohl
- “Temporary layoffs of employees in Germany” (Working title of thesis) by Franziska Schork
- Der aktive Kunde in der öffentlichen Verwaltung (BA-Arbeit, Universität Duisburg-Essen, 2015)
- Europäische Betriebsräte - Ein Vergleich theoretischer Ansätze (BA-Arbeit, Universität Duisburg-Essen, 2015)