Studying in Chemnitz
You are keen on sports, but you don´t want to study only Sport Science?
You consider studying Medicine or the like, but you have to spend 4 years on waiting lists for that?
You are interested in biomechanical contexts and movements of the human body?
You are interested in sports and health as well as prevention and rehabilitation?
You already know, that your future lies within the field of (exercise) therapy?
You can study a combination of your interests here in Chemnitz! The degree “Prevention, Rehabilitation and Fitness Sports” combines the fields of Sports Science, Sports Medicine, Exercise Therapy and Human Locomotion to provide an attractive academic education for you. This degree with its teaching modules is unique in Germany in this form. The teaching contents will be imparted to you within a comfortable small scope of approx. 90 students each semester.
- personal exposure with lecturers
- studies with lots of practicals and hand-on contents
- well-equipped laboratories in the fields of Sports Medicine and Human Locomotion
- very good lecturer-students-ratio
- many opportunities for internships in Chemnitz and surrounding
- Master degree courses:
- Prevention, Rehabilitation and Fitness Sports
- Sports Engineering
- Human Movement Science (international degree)
- Public Health (interdisciplinary course in collaboration with Psychology and Sociology)
- All vocational DVGS licences (German Association of Health Sports and Exercise Therapy e.V.) in the fields of internal diseases and orthopaedics / rheumatology / traumatology can be obtained as part of the university course for a small fee with a final examination after the Bachelor degree. After completion of the Master degree, the acquirement of the licences Medical Training Therapy (MTT) and neurology is additionally possible. Find more information under Additional Qualifications.
- Basics of team and individual sports
- Medical basics (anatomy, internal and orthopaedic diseases)
- Basics of Sports Medicine
- Human Locomotion
- Coaching and Conditioning
- Exercise Therapy (internal and orthopaedic diseases)
- Sports Pedagogy and Psychology
- Research Methods in Sports Science
- Compulsory internships in the fields of fitness and health
- Optional summer or winter excursion over several days: canoeing, orienteering, bicycle tour vs. alpine skiing, snowboarding, cross-country skiing
- various opportunities for additional individual qualifications: Myofascial Taping, Functional Training, British Exercise Referral Instructor (Wright-Foundation), language certificates as well as further additional courses (i.e. Athletic Training, fascia training…)
- optional course at the Federal College of Orthopedic Technology in Dortmund with focus on the fundamentals of prosthetics and orthopedics
- licenses of the DVGS (German Association of Health Sports and Exercise Therapy e.V.) can be acquired during studies
- opportunity of licensing for health coach B, with sports C and quality manager
- quick reachability of all parts of the university
- a variety of university sports activities and local sports clubs (of which some are competing in higher leagues)
Sports Aptitude Test
|Location:||University sports hall, Thüringer Weg|
|Time for applications:||31/05/2019|
|Procedure of aptitude test:||
8:00 to 8:30 registration at the sports hall (with identity card or passport; possibly medical certificate)
9:00 start of test (60-m-sprint – long jump from standing position –gymnastics – sport games - 2000m/3000m run)
All necessary information can be find under the following links.
Contact person regarding any questions reference the aptitude test is
We look forward to seeing you!
The team of the Institute of Human Movement Science and Health and the Students Union