Jump to main content
Institute of Human Movement Science and Health
International Exchange Programmes

International Exchange Programmes

Looking for an international experience? A term abroad could make it happen! This site will answer your questions about studying abroad…

A term abroad is possible at which universities?

The Institute of Human Movement Science and Health of the TU Chemnitz cooperates within the Erasmus+ programme with various universities, for example the University of Pilsen in the Czech Republic or the University of Gloucestershire in Southwest England. Currently, there is also an Erasmus-cooperation in preparation with the University of Göteborg in Sweden.

What is the usual duration for a term abroad?

You will stay in Pilsen for a 5-month period (Bachelor and Master students) and in Gloucestershire for a 9-month period (Bachelor students only), both starting in September.

Does a term abroad mean that I lose time for my studies? Does the TU Chemnitz accept the courses abroad?

The benefits of staying abroad are obvious: You will improve your language and social skills, your qualifications and many more. Experiences like these are getting more and more important giving you an even better CV. The TU Chemnitz accepts the courses abroad – you will not necessarily lose important time for your studies.

How much are the expenses for me?

Within the Erasmus+ programme the students are not paying any tuition fees at the cooperating university and they receive a financial allowance. Besides, it is possible to get BAFÖG for the time abroad. There will be individual costs abroad for accommodation, food, insurances, and leisure activities and so on.

Who is the contact person at the Institute of Human Movement Science and Health?

Departmental Coordinator Erasmus+

Portrait: Daniel Schmidt
Daniel Schmidt
Professorship of Human Locomotion
  • Phone:
    +49 371 531-32989
  • Fax:
    +49 371 531-832989
  • Email:
  • Room:
    Reichenhainer Straße 31-33: 313

Coordinator Erasmus+ of the International Office (IUZ)

Who is answering questions about the procedure of a term abroad?

The homepage of the International University Office (IUZ) provides basic information:

Press Articles