Transnational Career Service - Career Without Borders
Career perspectives in the Saxon-Czech border area
The Transnational Career Service is a cross-border project of the Career Service. In collaboration with the Czech partner universities, the Technical University of Liberec and the University of J. E. Purkyně of Usti nad Labem, we expand our services to a transnational level.
Our aim is to create structures and opportunities which, on the one hand, will give students an idea about different career prospects in the respective neighbor country, and, on the other hand, give German and Czech companies a chance to find professionals in the Saxon-Czech border area.
We support our partner universities - the Technical University of Liberec and the University of J. E. Purkyně of Usti nad Labem:
- Support in setting up Career Service institutions in the Czech Republic
- Exchange of experience between Career Service institutions in German and European universities
- Realization of joint events
- Creation of a transnational company network
- Development and support of a “transnational job and internship site”
- specific forwarding of job and internship offers via Web 2.0 channels
- Information about employer trends and the labour market in the Czech Republic and in Saxony
- Career advice with regard to application documents and job entry
- Intercultural workshops and trainings
- Information events and Career Days in Chemnitz, Liberec, and Usti nad Labem
- Excursions to Czech and Saxon companies
The start of the project was celebrated with the official opening on July 27, 2012 in the Career Service of Chemnitz TU.