Bachelor’s and Master’s courses of studies
1. What means “uni-assist”?
- “uni-assist” means “University Application Service for International Students”
- “uni-assist” handles international applications for studies on behalf of Chemnitz University of Technology
Technische Universität Chemnitz
c/o uni-assist e. V.
Helmholtzstr. 2 – 9
2. Who has to apply via “uni-assist”?
- Applicants for studies without German qualification for admission to higher education who apply for an undergraduate course of studies and who intend to acquire a university degree in Germany
- Applicants for a Master’s course of studies with a first university degree acquired abroad
- This regulation does not apply for:
- Applicants in possess of a German qualification for admission to higher education or a successfully accomplished assessment test of a Study Preparatory College (“Studienkolleg”)
- Applicants within exchange programmes (non-degree students)
- Applicants for a doctorate
- Applicants for the Master’s course of studies in Production Systems and for the Inte-grated International Master's and Doctorate Programme in Mathematics
These groups simply submit their applications directly to Chemnitz University of Technology
3. Application documents
The application shall be submitted online using the Internet portal of “uni-assist”: https://www.uni-assist.de/online/index.php?go=register&lang=en
Otherwise the application for admission may also be submitted in written form: http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/verwaltung/studentenamt/abt12/formulare/zulassungsantrag_eng.pdf
Please submit additionally the following documents:
- Legally attested copy of the secondary school leaving certificate including a proof of chosen subjects and grades translated in German, French or English
- Proof of university entrance exam (not necessary for all countries)
- If available, all other proves certifying successfully accomplished studies at a university of the country of origin (periods of study, degrees) translated in German, French or English
- Original of the APS-certificate (only for Chinese or Vietnamese applicants)
- Original of the confirmation of verification of the German Embassy Ulan Bator (only for Mongolian applicants)
- Where appropriate proof of suitability assessment of sportpractical abilities (only for ap-plicants for the Bachelor Prevention, Rehabilitation and Fitness Sports)
- Proof of German language proficiency if the mother language is not German (not necessary for applicants for English-speaking courses of studies)
- within the following English-speaking courses of studies a proof of German language proficiency at level A2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages has to be submitted until the end of the first academic year. This means that the application for admission to these courses of studies is also possible without this proof. The following courses of studies at Chemnitz University of Technology are English-speaking: Master Micro and Nano Systems, Master Automotive Software Engineering, Master Print and Media Technology, Master Information and Communication Systems
4. Proof of German language proficiency
The following documents are recognized as proof of sufficient German language proficiency:
- Certificate of the “Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang” (German Language Examination for University Entrance for foreign applicants for a university place) – DSH-1, DSH-2, DSH-3
- Certificate of TestDaF – Level 3 in all 4 partial tests as a minimum
- “Zentrale Oberstufenprüfung” of the Goethe-Institute – ZOP
- „Kleines Deutsches Sprachdiplom“ (Minor German Language Diploma) of the Goethe-Institute – KDS
- „Großes Deutsches Sprachdiplom“ (Major German Language Diploma) of the Goethe-Institute – GDS
- „Deutsches Sprachdiplom” (German Language Diploma), Level II of the „Kultusministerkonferenz“ (Conference of Ministers of Education of the Federal States) – DSD II
- Certificate of a successfully accomplished assessment test – FSP
- Certificate of the Goethe-Institute – at least Level B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
If you are not able to provide any of the documents mentioned above, you may make use of the following possibilities:
- for German-speaking courses of studies: students who have absolved at least 600 hours of German language training before have the opportunity to acquire the German language proficiency necessary to qualify for the German Language Examination for University Entrance (DSH) within a German language course at Chemnitz University of Technology (lasting 2 terms at maximum). The application for admission to this German language course has to be indicated in the application for admission to studies (item 11 of the application document for admission). Applicants without proof of sufficient German language proficiency will not be admitted to the German language course at Chemnitz University of Technology.
- for English-speaking courses of studies: a proof of German language proficiency at level A2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages has to be submitted until the end of the first academic year.
5. Examination for university entrance qualification (“Feststellungsprüfung”)
In the case that the secondary school leaving certificate submitted is not considered as equal to the German higher education entrance qualification, the applicant has to pass an examination for university entrance qualification (“Feststellungsprüfung”) at a Study Preparatory College (“Studienkolleg”). The application for admission to this examination has to be indicated in the application for admission to studies. There is no opportunity to pass the “Feststellungprüfung” at Chemnitz University of Technology but applicants will be delegated to a “Studienkolleg” recognized as appropriate by Chemnitz University of Technology. A proof of successful completion of university studies at the country of origin may allow direct admission to studies at Chemnitz University of Technology but this depends on the absolved duration of study and the academic achievements performed during that time.
6. Application deadlines
The application documents have to be submitted to “uni-assist” until the 15.07. for the winter term and until the 15.01. for the summer term of the year. This deadline is not binding for courses of studies without restrictions of admission which means that also applications that were submitted later will be handled by “uni-assist” despite of the deadlines.
7. Regulation fees
Concerning the actual regulation fees please consult the homepage of “uni-assist”: http://www.uni-assist.de/regulation-fees.html
8. Methods of payment
Concerning the methods of payment please consult the homepage of “uni-assist”: http://www.uni-assist.de/methods-payment.html
9. Notification of admission to studies
- If all formal requirements concerning an application for admission to studies are fulfilled, “uni-assist” transmits the documents to Chemnitz University of Technology
As of now all applicants possessing a proof of qualification for admission to higher education will get an assessment report by “uni-assist”. This document proves the determined
qualification for admission to German higher education and the converted grades of the qualification for admission to higher education. By the beginning of the admission procedure at Chemnitz University of Technology you will get an email concerning the further processing of your application for admission to studies.
Technische Universität Chemnitz
Studentensekretariat, Room 044
Tel.: 0371 531 37697
Fax: 0371 531 12129
|Monday – Thursday:|| 10:00 am – 12:00 and 01:00 pm – 03:00 pm|
- If the formal requirements to an application for admission to studies are not fulfilled you will be informed by “uni-assist”
- Submitted application documents will not be sent back